This week we play around with abolishing the senate, adding 5-25 new states to the union, and debate if senate the majority leader is the most powerful person in America.
Patrick claims that the US senate is undemocratic. Dennis counters with the historical defense of the senate and how the progressive era gave us the 17th amendment. Patrick wants to just abolish the senate or at least end the filibuster and cloture.
Things become shouty.
Patrick then proposes adding more states to the union.
- Adding D.C. as a State
- Adding Puerto Rico as a State
- Splitting Texas into Five States
- Splitting California into Seven States
- Splitting Florida into a North and South
- Splitting New York State into two
- Combining The Dakotas
- Creating the State of Superior