EP 149: Alternate 1914 Christmas Truce
Patrick goes solo to ponder a more uplifting Alternate History topic. On Dec 25th, 1914 after seven horrific months of fighting during the first World War German and British Soldiers played soccer and exchanged gifts during a brief truce. What if things went differently?
- What if Jean Jaures had not been assassinated and could have stayed a voice of dissent in France?
- What if the New York Times ran the story the day after the revolt? Instead over a week later?
- What if leadership was slow to respond to protests at home and Op-Ed columns ran?
- What if Wilson took advantage of the situation and have pressured matters from America?
- What would happen to Alsace Lorraine?
- Would things change on the Eastern Front?